Coronavirus Updates for KCCG
April 3rd, 2020
KCCG NOW ACCEPTING ONLINE PLANT AND SEED ORDERS FOR PICKUP
We are now accepting online orders for cool season spring plant and seed pick-up for KCCG Members.
Here's how it works - click on the links below, fill out the forms, and submit them. We'll email you back with a pick-up date and time that you will request in the form.
Please note there is no limit on plants and payment is due at time of pick-up.
If you need to apply for a membership, you can download a form at the following link for you to fill out and hand in when you come to pick up your plants and seeds:
If you would like to have seeds delivered via USPS, you can use our online seed store, Beanstalk Seeds. If you are a KCCG member, call us and we can provide you a membership discount code to apply for the online store.
We have moved back to our our walk up window method for our Spring Plant Sale. However, we're only allowing 6 cars in the parking lot to create a safe social distance for our walk up windows. If you plan on coming in today and the parking lot is at the limit of 6 cars, please form a line on Kensington Avenue and wait for an opening. Thanks for your patience!
March 30th, 2020
We have extended our car hop service for Monday, March 30th. If you plan on coming in today to buy spring plants, please stay in your car in the parking lot and a staff member will come help you.
March 24th, 2020 - KCCG Cool Season Plant Sale Information
Dear KCCG customers,
It’s time to get your cool season plants! As an essential service provider, KCCG will continue to be open to serve customers during Kansas City’s mandated “Stay at Home” period. Our cool season greenhouse plants will be available starting this Thursday, March 26th, as originally scheduled.
To protect the health of our customers and staff, we will make significant changes to our usual sale procedures:
On Thursday, March 26th and Friday, March 27th, customers will be served through a “car hop” style service in the KCCG parking lot.
- If you are coming to pick up plants on one of these days, please approach KCCG from the south, off Gregory Boulevard.
- Staff will serve six cars at a time in designated spaces in our parking lot. Customers will be asked to fill out order forms for seeds, plants and, if you have not already renewed this year, a membership application. To expedite your service, you may download and complete the forms ahead of time and bring with you.
- Staff will fill your order, deliver plants and seeds, and provide car-side checkout. Customers will not need to exit their car at any time.
Starting on Monday, March 30, customers may purchase plants, as well as seeds and memberships, at two walk-up windows located at the front of our building.
Please note that we typically experience high customer volume on Thursday morning. We encourage customers to come at a less busy time – Thursday afternoon, Friday or the following week. We have plenty of plants ready for you in our greenhouse!
As an extra measure to ensure that we are able to provide plants to all members who wish to garden this year, please note that customers will be limited to a maximum purchase of 10 3-packs of plants and 30 packs of seeds. We are regrettably unable to split 3-packs and sell individual plants this year. We thank you in advance for your understanding and flexibility.
MARCH 23rd, 2020
Dear members and patrons,
We understand that during this challenging time, many of you will rely on your gardens more than ever before – as a source of readily available food, a place for exercise and a release for anxiety.
Under allowances for essential service providers, including non-profit agencies and those who supply food, KCCG will continue to be open for business during the “Stay At Home” period mandated by the City of Kansas City and neighboring counties.
During this time, we will make significant changes to our operations, to provide a maximum level of safety for everyone:
- Seeds, potatoes and onions are currently available for sale via walk-up windows at the front of our office. Please be mindful of social distancing and remain at least 6 feet away from other customers who may be present.
- Cool season plants will be available starting Thursday, March 26th, as previously scheduled. To increase social distancing, all plants, seeds and other supplies sold via a “car hop” curbside service. Please watch your email and social media for additional details about how you can purchase spring plants – we are working to make additional options available.
- KCCG has suspended Saturday hours until further notice. We are open on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. We have extended hours on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Have your seeds shipped directly to you! All of KCCG’s seeds are available for sale online at beanstalkseeds.com. If you have already purchased a membership, please call our office at 816-931-3877 for a discount code which will allow you to purchase seeds at your member pricing. (Note: the discount will not apply to purchases of specialty seeds.) Shipping is free for green card members.
A final note: we understand that many people in our city have a new and renewed interest in growing their own food. Our goal is to make certain that we are able to provide seeds and plants to those who need them the most. We ask that all customers purchase only what you need. Remember… a few seeds go a long way!
If you have questions, please contact the KCCG office at 816-931-3877.