Spring is officially here and the plants in the KCCG greenhouse are ready to make their way to your garden!
Cool season greenhouse plants will be available starting Thursday, March 25th for green card members and Friday, March 26th for all members.
Plants include broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, collards, kale and lettuce. We will also have onion plants, leeks, seed potatoes, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and asparagus. For a full list of varieties, visit our plant page.
Warm season plants, including tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and herbs, will be available starting on April 29th.
There are four ways to purchase plants, seeds and supplies this spring:
Option 1: Parking Lot Sale
Thursday, March 25th – Green Card Members Only
Friday, March 26th – All Members
9 a.m. – 4 p.m. both days
• If you are coming to pick up plants on one of these days, please approach KCCG from the south, off Gregory Boulevard.
• KCCG staff will greet you as you approach our gate and provide you with order forms that you may fill out while in line.
• A limited number of cars will be allowed to enter our parking lot at one time. Once parked, members will exit their cars to place their seed, plant and supply orders at outdoor stations.
• Please note: we typically experience a high volume of customers on the first two days of our warm season plant sales. Customers may experience wait times of two hours or more during peak times.
Option 2: Walk-Up Window Service
Starting Saturday, March 27th
M-F 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Open Tuesday evenings until 6:30 p.m. (through May 25th)
Saturdays 9 a.m. to noon (through May 8th)
• When you arrive at KCCG, please pick up a plant and seed order form from our porch, fill out and drop off at the front window.
• Staff will fill your order and call you to check out when it is ready.
Option 3: Online Orders
Starting Monday, March 29th
• Orders may be picked up starting the afternoon after they are placed. You will be asked to schedule a specific pick up time.
• Payment is due at the time of pickup.
• Note: Greenhouse plants can only be held in the front office for 48 hours. Any orders not picked up within 48 hours of scheduled date & time will be automatically returned to stock.
Option 4: Jersey Creek Plant Sale
Monday, March 29th, 5-6 p.m.
Jersey Creek Community Garden – 11th & Parallel Parkway, KCK
• Visit us at the Jersey Creek Garden to renew your membership and purchase plants and seeds
You must have a current KCCG membership (purchased after October 1, 2020) to purchase plants and seeds. You may renew your membership in person at KCCG or online on our membership page.
Please plan to wear a mask while you are at KCCG (even while outside). We look forward to a day when we can see your smiles again – but we’re playing it safe in the meantime!
Plant and Supply Limits
To ensure that we can provide plants to all members who wish to garden this year, at the start of the sale period, customers will be limited to maximum purchase quantities. Current plant limits are as follows:
• Cool Season Vegetable Plants: 10 3-packs (no splitting packs)
• Seeds: 30 packs total (10 membership packs, plus up to 20 additional packs)
• Onion Plants (bundles of 60): 3 bundles
• Seed Potatoes: 20 pounds total
• Strawberries (bundles of 10): 5 bundles
• Blackberries: 10 plants