Quick, pop quiz!
- It lightly showered for an hour yesterday, do you need to water your garden today?
- Is it enough to water each garden bed for 2 minutes, 3 times per week?
The answers are YES, you still need to water your garden even if it lightly showered for an hour yesterday, and NO, 2 minutes per bed is not enough! You should actually be watering each bed for 5 minutes, three times per week and the only time you don’t need to water your garden is if it rained a least 1 inch of water, which is a LOT of rain. It takes several hours of moderate rain or a few hours of heavy rain to get that much water.
If you just failed our pop quiz, lucky for you, we just posted a new YouTube video where Hannah and Shea (KCCG’s Home and Youth Gardens Coordinator) take you through all you need to know about watering in less than 2 minutes!
Check it out here:
Here are some of the highlights:
- Your garden needs to be watered 3 times per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday), even if it rains!
- Water each bed for 5 minutes, set a timer!
- Use a shower attachment if possible.
You can get a shower attachment for as little as $4 at Home Depot: CLICK HERE
If you have any questions about watering, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com! Also check out our other gardening videos here:
And don’t forget to subscribe to our channel while you’re there!