Dear KCCG members,
Spring is always a favorite season at KCCG – and this year is no exception. We are always excited to see each of you as we begin another growing season together. We also recognize that in uncertain times, gardens become even more important for many of the clients we serve.
The safety of our members has been our highest priority as we’ve followed the news of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in recent days. To that end, we will be taking the following precautionary measures at our headquarters:
- Staff will increase handwashing and pay close attention to their personal health.
- We ask that all persons in our building refrain from any personal contact (handshaking, hugs, etc).
- High-touch surfaces in our public spaces (front office door handles, desks, credit card machines and restrooms) will be sanitized with detergent and bleach solution throughout the day.
- When plant sales begin, starting on March 26, we will move sales outside on high-volume days to allow for increased social distancing.
The KCCG office currently remains open for business, however, in following directives from the city, we will postpone all workshops for the next 8 weeks, including:
- Friday, March 20: Raised Bed Gardening
- Friday, April 3: Garden Soils 101
- Tuesday, April 7: Raised Bed Gardening
- Friday, April 17: Tomatoes, Peppers and Sweet Potatoes – Oh My!
- Friday, May 1: Vegetable Garden Basics
Please watch your email or our Facebook page for announcements on rescheduled dates or future workshop schedule changes. We are currently considering a number of options that will enable us to share gardening tips and advice digitally… stay tuned!
In addition, until further notice, our office will be closed on Saturdays. We will still offer extended evening hours and stay open through 7 p.m. on Tuesdays.
If you exhibit any symptoms of illness, we ask that you stay home and refrain from visiting KCCG. If you choose to stay home, know that all of our seeds are now available for sale at beanstalkseeds.com.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 816-931-3877.