Dear KCCG customers,
Our greenhouse team has been busy growing warm season seedlings – and they’re almost ready for your gardens!
Warm season plants, including tomatoes, peppers and eggplant, will be available starting on Thursday, April 30th.
Please note the following options for purchasing your plants:
Option 1: Car Hop Service
Thursday, April 30 – Green Card Members Only
Friday, May 1 – All Members
9 a.m. – 4 p.m. both days
- If you are coming to pick up plants on one of these days, please approach KCCG from the south from Gregory Boulevard.
- Staff will serve six cars at a time in designated spaces in our parking lot, while other cars form a line along Kensington.
- As you pull up to our site, a greeter will approach your car with seed and plant order forms. You will be asked to fill these out in your car while you wait.
- You will need a current KCCG membership to purchase plants. If you need to purchase or renew your membership, you will be asked to fill out a form while in line.
- Staff will fill your order, deliver plants and seeds, and provide car-side checkout.
- Please note: we typically experience a high volume of customers on the first two days of our warm season plant sales. Customers may experience wait times of an hour or more during peak times.
Option 2: Online Orders For Pick-Up
Starting Monday, May 4
Orders may be picked up from 1 – 3:30 p.m. on M, W, Th & F
1 – 6 p.m. on Tuesday
- Save time and avoid the line by placing your plant and seed order online beginning Monday, May 4th. Please visit the following plants and seeds page for variety information and links to the online forms:
- When you arrive at KCCG, come to the walk-up windows on the front of our building and let staff know that you are picking up an online order.
- Payment is due at the time of pickup.
Option 3: Walk-Up Window Service
Starting Monday, May 4
10 a.m. – 4 p.m., M-F; Open until 7 p.m. on Tuesday
- KCCG will serve walk-up customers through windows located on our front porch.
- When you arrive, please pick up a plant and seed order form from our porch, fill out and drop off at the window.
- Staff will fill your order and provide checkout services at a second window.
Important to Note
To best serve a high volume of members during this time of increased safety:
- All services on Thursday, April 30th are reserved for Green Card members only. We appreciate your understanding as we work to serve those who need their gardens the most.
- All plants will be sold in 3-packs. We are not able to accommodate splitting of packs this year.
- There is a ten 3-pack limit per member for tomatoes, peppers and eggplant (30 total plants combined).
- Tomato cages will be available for sale beginning in mid-May.
- Our inventory of varieties changes daily, and we are not able to guarantee that specific varieties will be in stock. We are happy to help make suggestions for substitute plants. We’ve grown extra seedlings in our greenhouse this year to meet increased demand – there will be plenty for all!
Questions? Email email@example.com or call us at 816-931-3877.