After you’ve mapped out your fall garden using our Fall Planting Planning Sheet, the SYG Crop Varieties resource guide and maybe even our How to Make a Planting Plan video, head on over to the Digging Deeper section of our website and check out our other resources!
Resources on our site include –
- Garden Lesson Plans – We have developed several great lessons and activities for the garden including our Vegetable Spotlights. Vegetable Spotlight Lessons are intended for students preK – 2nd grade and are paired with each of the vegetables we offer. They come paired with a book, a recipe, harvest advice, nutrition facts, and each has it’s own garden activity that aligns with both KS early learning standards and MO early learning goals.
- Garden Signage – Involving your community in your garden can sometimes be a challenge. These premade garden signs are great for informing those who interact with your garden about what’s growing!
- Garden Recipes – Each of our recipes spotlight the veggies we offer and making a recipe with your harvest is a great way to celebrate the end of a season.
- Taste Test Evaluation – If recipes aren’t in the cards for you this season, check out our Taste Test Evaluation activity. It’s a great way to get kids tasting the veggies they grow straight from the garden.
- SYG Resources in Spanish – To better support the Spanish Speaking families we serve, we’ve translated a number of our resources, including our Garden Signs, Recipes, Family Fliers and many of our lesson plans into Spanish.
- Schoolyard Gardens YouTube Channel – In addition to our website, we also house a number of how-to garden and cooking videos on our YouTube Channel.
If there’s something you’re curious about that you don’t see a resource for, please reach out to your SYG coordinator!